Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Green Chariot Rides Again!!

So...
My mechanic called and said he was waiting for a used transmission to show up. Since the trans on toyota pickups is one of the toughest parts, he was having trouble finding a decent used one. Also had the new clutch parts sitting on his bench. I told him again that i got the truck into 3rd if i pushed the shifter hard right as i put it in gear, which is wierd. Usually once you lose a gear, it does not come back. 1st gear was also about a 1/2 inch to the left. He said he would pull of the top of the shifter to take a look and call me back.
4 hours later he calles me up, kinda laughing. Tells me the bushings in the shifter wore out. He fixed it easily and told me to bring him $125. He then comments that i might get that 300,000 miles out of my clutch yet!!!!
Kick Ass!!!!!!!!
Whoooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!
I have always trusted this guy, he could of really stuck it to me, but didnt. Now i really trust him. Thanks Phil, you have earned the the status of Secret Agent Mechanic.

Comments on "The Green Chariot Rides Again!!"

 

Blogger C-C-C-Corn Dog said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Who is this mysterious Phil? You must divulge the location of a trusted mechanic...I despise auto mechanics with a hatred I reserve for insurance companies and the government.

PS. I tagged you - take a look at Corn Dog Blog to see.

 

post a comment