Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dudes bummed... No Proof...

Went camping, had fun, would show you pictures but my camera wouldnt work. Drove route 66 almost all the way from Rolla to St Louis. Great scenery, cool old hotels and buildings, then some wicked skies swirling with black clouds. I had been trying to stay in front of this storm for about 30 minutes. I would get in some hail then out run it, then it would catch me again. Finally, a bend in the road and there was nothing i could do. Just like that, right in the middle of a hailstorm. It seemed the windows were going to explode, while the paint and body were getting pummeled... Totally unpimping da auto. Agent Cleo was curled up on the floor tryin to hide from the horrible sound of ice pellets smashing our chariot. I thought it was the end, couldnt see 10 feet, but managed to get the truck to the side of the road. I waited for the ice to stop falling from the sky so i could survey the damage. Somehow the truck came out OK. WOW!! Again... no pictures.
Weather got better, last leg of the trip, smell of spring and sunshine in the air. Then the tranny started to go into gear funny. It gave just enough of 4th to get off the hiway and home with 1st and 2nd.
Im still in denial. My truck is awesome. 222000 miles, original clutch, no serious mechanical problems. I cant complain, ill get it fixed.

Im still bummed.

The ChariotHeres a file photo... in case you wondered what a secret agent drives.

Comments on "Dudes bummed... No Proof..."

 

post a comment